Tuesday, February 2, 2010

So, the nominations are in...

Well, they are here after all that suspense. I'm OK with most of the nominations, but the surprises:

Yay!: Maggie Gylennhall for Crazy Heart -> I haven't seen this movie, but I'm happy for her, because she's great.

Nay!: Well, let's see. First of all, The Blind Side, I mean The Blind Side for Best Picture. WTF???!!! So undeserved, so undeserved. And then the snub of Marion Cotillard because of Harvey Weinstein's awful campaign so that his favorite Penélope Cruz can get in (I'm happy for her though). Then the snub of "I See You" for Best Song. Come on, don't they have ears, have they forgotten what song sounds like? :-) And last, but not least, Anthony Mackie and the screenplay of Julie & Julia should have been nominated.

Hmm, I'm a bit disappointed, but very relieved that we're through with it.

1 comment:

joe burns said...

Oh, I completely agree with you about The Blind Side's nomination. What the hell?