Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My awards...

I read an article on Goldderby and I wasn't totally satisfied with the results, so here are my award-winners for the decade (I have 10 Best Picture Nominees like Oscars). 2 stars indicate the winner and one star shows the runner-up.

1. Best Picture of the decade
o 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days
o Brokeback Mountain
o Children of Men
o The Hurt Locker
o The Lives of the Others*
o No Country For Old Men
o The Pianist**
o Talk to Her
o Sideways
o Wall-E

2. Best Actor in a Leading Role
o Adrien Brody in The Pianist*
o Philip Seymour Hoffman in Capote
o Heath Ledger in Brokeback Mountain
o Mickey Rourke in The Wrestler**
o Forest Whitaker in The Last King of Scotland

3. Best Actress in a Leading Role
o Marion Cotillard in La Vie en Rose*
o Judi Dench in Notes on a Scandal**
o Julianne Moore in Far from Heaven
o Imelda Staunton in Vera Drake
o Charlize Theron in Monster

4. Best Actor in a Supporting Role
o Jeff Bridges in The Contender
o Josh Brolin in Milk**
o Jake Gyllenhaal in Brokeback Mountain
o Vlad Ivanov in 4 Months, 3 Weeks, 2 Days*
o Anthony Mackie in The Hurt Locker

5. Best Actress in a Supporting Role
o Marcia Gay Harden in Pollock
o Helen Mirren in Gosford Park
o Mo’Nique in Precious**
o Meryl Streep in Adaptation
o Tilda Swinton in Michael Clayton*

6. Best Director
o Ang Lee for Brokeback Mountain*
o Alfonso Cuarón for Children of Men
o Kathryn Bigelow for The Hurt Locker**
o Joel & Ethan Coen for No Country for Old Men
o Roman Polanski for The Pianist

7. Best Original Screenplay
o Amelie*
o Little Miss Sunshine
o My Big Fat Greek Wedding
o Talk to Her
o Wall-E**

8. Best Adapted Screenplay
o Adaptation
o Atonement
o Brokeback Mountain
o Children of Men**
o Sideways*

3 comments:

joe burns said...

Interesting choices! I might make a post like this!

Malcolm said...

I might do this when I'm done with 2009.

Anyway,
I am Malcolm from The Final Oscar and I am cordially inviting you to a smackdown. It's the SMACKDOWN: 1995 BEST PICTURE. The nominees for that year are:

Apollo 13
Babe
Braveheart
Il Postino
Sense and Sensibility

If you confirm or reject your participation in this smackdown, please reply to this mail. Don't worry! Two weeks will be allotted for watching/rewatching the movies nominated. If you have any inquiries, just mail me here.

Submission of Analysis: May 20, 2010
Posting of Results: May 23, 2010


For more details, you can just visit my site: mylastoscar.wordpress.com

Thanks for the time and I hope you'll join!

Malcolm

dinasztie said...

Ok thanks very much, I'll just have to see Il Postino.