Friday, December 21, 2012

The Next Year

1999



So the nominees were:
  • Annette Bening in American Beauty
  • Janet McTeer in Tumbleweeds
  • Julianne Moore in The End of The Affair
  • Meryl Streep in Music of the Heart
  • Hilary Swank in Boys Don't Cry
Since I'm busy and have absolutely no motivation to go on with 1938 (well, um, to start it), I'm doing a year I'm really interested in. :) This is the first Bening-Swank fight though it's not as controversial despite the fact that Swank won in an upset. And let's face it, this year looks pretty stunning to me. :)

What do you think? Who's your pick? What's your prediction for my ranking? :) 

9 comments:

Carlos (JC) said...

Haven't seen McTeer, Moore, and Streep.

I love-like Bening. I did not fall for Swank.

Predictions:
1. Swank
2. Bening
3. McTeer
4. Moore
5. Streep

Anonymous said...

If you keep doing all these newer years you are going to end up with a bunch you just aren't interested in at this rate =P

Bening and Swank are both great. Bening is more fun, but Swank is pretty undeniable.

1. Swank
2. Bening
3. McTeer
4. Streep
5. Moore

Anonymous said...

Prediction:
1. Hilary
2. Annette
3. Janet
4. Julianne
5. Meryl

Eddie

moviefilm said...

1) Hilary Swank
2) Annette Bening
3) Meryl Streep
4) Julianne Moore
5) Janet McTeer

Louis Morgan said...

Well Swank's win tends to be supported here so no reason to second guess I suppose.

1.Swank
2.Bening
3.McTeer
4.Streep
5.Moore

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to see your review on Bening, since it is my favourite performance in one of my favourite films...I think Swank will win though

1. Hilary Swank
2. Annette Bening
3. Janet McTeer
4. Julianne Moore
5. Meryl Streep

dinasztie said...

Anon, we'll see as I'm posting Annette's review in about an hour.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that was me, Mark. I forgot to sign lol

joe burns said...

Probably Swank, but who knows???