Saturday, December 5, 2009

If I picked the winners...

The first category is Best Supporting Actress and the decade is the 2000s. Just a personal note: I think the picks in this decade were very unfair, there were only 3 deserving winners out of the nine and I say the win of Cruz this year was tolerable. But apart from that? Very weak picks.
So my picks for each year:
2000: Marcia Gay Harden in Pollock
2001: Helen Mirren in Gosford Park
2002: Meryl Streep in Adaptation (hard to choose between her and Julianne)
2003: Shohreh Aghdashloo in House of Sand and Fog
2004: Virginia Madsen in Sideways
2005: Rachel Weisz in The Constant Gardener (Michelle Williams was very close)
2006: Adriana Barrazza in Babel
2007: Tilda Swinton in Michael Clayton
2008: Marisa Tomei in The Wrestler
[2009: Mo'Nique in Precious (I don't think that anyone can be better, but I wait)]

Let's stay with this decade and the category is Best Actor in a leading role. These winners were a tiny bit more deserving. But there were only 4 deserving winners and two of the actual recipients were really mediocore (Russel Crowe and Denzel Washington).
So my picks are:
2000: Tom Hanks in Cast Away (I'm a big Hanks-hater, but I was certainly impressed)
2001: Tom Wilkinson in In the Bedroom
2002: Adrien Brody in The Pianist
2003: Bill Murray in Lost in Translation
2004: Leonardo DiCaprio in The Aviator
2005: Philip Seymour Hoffman in Capote
2006: Forest Whitaker in The Last King of Scotland
2007: Daniel Day-Lewis in There Will Be Blood
2008: Mickey Rourke in The Wrestler

So do you agree? Or don't you? Do you think that my picks are just awful and I can go to hell? Or do you think they are fair?
P.S.: Will you forgive me for uploading the same picutre I did for the 2000 Smackdown? I just love Marcia so much. :-)

No comments: