Now write some famous Oscar-less actors who can still win, but should have won earlier or I just like them. But I want your collaboration too! :-)
I would like you (no pressure) to say in your comments who you want to win the most, who you think will get it first.
So my names:
1) Glenn Close (should have won for: Dangerous Liaisons)
Will she win? I think yes and I'm even saying for Albert Nobbs.
2) Leonardo DiCaprio (should have won for: The Aviator)
Will he win? I think yes for the Sinatra movie or the Hoover movie, but unfortunately not for Shutter Island. (even though he was worthy)
3) Julianne Moore (should have won for: Boogie Nights)
Will she win? I guess yes, not next year but for Boone's Lick. It's based on a Larry McMurthy novel (they love'em).
4) Laura Linney
Will she win? Well, it's a tough question. If she does it will definitely be in supporting.
5) Michelle Pfeiffer
Will she win? She has no movies planned and her big fame is over now, so at the moment it does not seem real.
6) Meryl Streep (should have won for: Silkwood, Doubt, Adaptation maybe Julie & Julia)
Will she win? I hope so and yeah, she has two, but it's so OFFENSIVE. I want that damn third!
7) Ralph Fieness (should have won for: Schindler's List)
Will he win? I'm not so sure, perhaps for a supporting role.
8) Brenda Blethyn (should have won for: Secrets and Lies)
Will she win? No, I don't think so, but I keep hoping.
9) Tom Wilkinson (should have won for: In the Bedroom)
Will he win? I think he has a chance with a great a supporting role.
Wait! He has just won! :-) YEAH!