Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Next Year

So we have come to our much anticipated 2002. I've been putting it off for like eternity, but now it's finally time to terminate your suspense. This is a very often talked about year, mostly due to the enourmous fanbase of Julianne Moore's performance in Far from Heaven. But we'll see who will get my vote. Will it be the nose, the moustache or the pearls? Or will I prefer dancing or adultery? This doesn't seem to be a very exciting year, but we'll see.


So the nominees were:
  • Salma Hayek in Frida
  • Nicole Kidman in The Hours*
  • Diane Lane in Unfaithful
  • Julianne Moore in Far from Heaven
  • Renée Zellweger in Chicago
So what are your predictions for my ranking?

P.S. : From now on I will not be really able to do write as frequently as I did, but I will do my best. Thanks for your understanding.
Also, we can also talk a bit about the Emmys in your comments. Were you just as pissed as I was that Julianna Margulies lost? Or any other thoughts?

5 comments:

Louis Morgan said...

1. Julianne Moore
2. Diane Lane
3. Renee Zellweger
4. Nicole Kidman
5. Salma Hayek

Malcolm said...

Now this is exciting. I have only seen Diane and Renee and they were both great. But my prediction will be:

1. Moore
2. Lane
3. Zellweger
4. Kidman
5. Hayek

joe burns said...

Easy....... Julianne should take this in a walk, at least to me, though Diane does pose a threat. My prediction:


1. Moore

2. Lane

3. Zellweger

4. Hayek

5. Kidman

I'm just going to take a wild guess that you don't take Hayek as much as some people do (Cough, Cough, me.....)


As for the Emmy's, I was surprised that she lost, but I haven't seen hardly any of the nominees.

Brandon said...

Okay, I NEED to see Moore's performance, because its fan base is a large one indeed.

But out of the two I've seen, Renee is my pick (but Julianne will probably change that).

dinasztie said...

Twister, I promise to send you the link in the post about her OK? (I hope I find it). I don't want to give away anything from my ranking, but if you watch her you will probably change your mind about Renée.