Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Next Year

So let's just move along with our next year and I will do a decade I've ignored since the semi-pleasant experience of 1998. It seems to be a so called one-horse race, but I think everyone can surprise us and I'm sure that it will be competitive and nothing is for sure right here. But I won't go on talking.

1990


So the nominees were:
  • Kathy Bates in Misery*
  • Anjelica Huston in The Grifters
  • Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman
  • Meryl Streep in Postcards from the Edge
  • Joanne Woodward in Mr. & Mrs. Bridge
So what do you think? Who would YOU pick? What's YOUR ranking? What's YOUR prediction for my ranking? The predicting contest is on.

As you can see, there's a poll on your right. Vote for the more interesting year. Basically, these are the next two years, but I'm so interested in both that I can't decide between them. So the decision is yours. If there's a tie, the person who wins the predicting contest decides.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathy Bates in a class all her own.

The others...woof.

dinasztie said...

I guess I know your pick. LOL. I'm kind of expecting her to win too, but I haven't seen Meryl or Joanne, they might surprise me.

Louis Morgan said...

This year seems somewhat predetermined in the winner but the others are very hard to rank.

1. Bates
2. Huston
3. Woodward
4. Streep
5. Roberts

joe burns said...

Kathy Bate will win, but I would pick Huston, though I liked Roberts, though I've only seen her in bits and pieces.

Fritz said...

I guess you will go with Bates but a lot of people admire Huston (I haven't seen her yet).

Malcolm said...

My prediction:

1. Bates
2. Huston
3. Streep
4. Woodward
5. Roberts

Helen Morgan said...

1. Roberts
2. Bates
3. Huston
4. Streep
5. Woodward