Friday, November 12, 2010

The Social Network

I am not writing a complete review, I just sum up my thoughts briefly. Wow, I have really mixed feelings about this movie. On the one hand, it's incredibly boring sometimes, on the other hand, it has a very sinister atmosphere, that I just loved. The screenplay is such a mediocre one and it's the front-runner, I just can't believe it as it's so dry, slow, forced, unwitty and didactic. I probably disliked that most about the movie. The acting is quite good however: Justin Timberlake is much better than I thought and Jesse Eisenberg is quite good too. The directing is very good and I really appreciated that it wanted to give some life and excitement to the dull story.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And much-much space to praise somehow of whom this movie is not even deserving and who totally saved it. Furthermore, he made it great: Andrew Garfield is simply amazing. Whenever he's on screen the movie is simply better. He should just be given the nomination right now (and maybe even the win) as he was just amazing and unforgettable.

Total Grade: 7/10. It's not as bad as I am angry with it. It's really overhyped, but quite good sometimes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's pretty early, but we're agreeing with each other so far (Bening/Garfield)

I'm surprised you thought Timberlake was good...he was equivalent of drama student for me.

dinasztie said...

I did not have many problems with Timberlake. He just did not bother me.

joe burns said...

I haven't seen it, but I might try to.



It looks okay....