Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Next Year

1964


So the nominees were:
  • Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins
  • Anne Bancroft in The Pumpkin Eater
  • Sophia Loren in Marriage Italian Style
  • Debbie Reynolds in The Unsinkable Molly Brown
  • Kim Stanley in Seance on a Wet Afternoon
Wow, I know it's surprising that I'm going to do this year now but I just got The Pumpkin Eater and I haven't started reviewing 1991 (I can't resist), so I'm doing this year now and the first review comes next Friday (March 11th). I'm so excited about this year as I don't have a clue on who will get my vote. So interesting and it's rarely talked about besides Andrews.

What do you think? What are your predictions? What's your ranking?

7 comments:

joe burns said...

I'll predict Bancroft or Stanley. I've seen Stanley, and thought she was great, and of course, I've seen Andrews, who I fdon't get the hate for. Maybe not an Oscar-worthy performance, but one of the worst winners? No.



Please send me links to Bancroft (I had a link to her, but it got deleted, or parts of it, you said? and Loren, who is soooooooo hard to find!

dinasztie said...

Wow, unfortunately I don't have links to those movies. :-( TPE used to be on Youtube, but as you said most of it is deleted. Marriage Italian Style is available in Hungary on DVD, but I don't have a link.

joe burns said...

Oh, no!!! That's okay though, I'll order Pumpkin Eater from Ebay, and just do B.A 64 without Loren, since she's so hard to find. But not now.

Fritz said...

I guess you will go with Bancroft or Stanley but that depends on your love for Andrews, I think. It's a very exciting race!

dinasztie said...

Fritz: It is indeed. :)

Louis Morgan said...

This will be interesting to see since this is a year where only the winner is ever talked about.

I'll predict:
1.Bancroft
2.Stanley
3.Loren
4.Andrews
5.Reynolds

Alex Constantin said...

all 5 films are available to me, but I've only seen 3 of them.

Kim Stanley got to me, at least due to the quality of the role.