Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Next Year

1997


So the nominees were:
  • Helena Bonham Carter in The Wings of the Dove
  • Julie Christie in Afterglow
  • Judi Dench in Mrs Brown
  • Helen Hunt in As Good as It Gets
  • Kate Winslet in Titanic
I almost did not do this year but it looked unusually great for the 90s and I haven't covered a year from the 90s for a while, so I decided to take a look at this exciting year.

What do you think? Who's your pick? What are your predictions for the contest?

5 comments:

mark said...

well my ranking would be

bonham carter
dench
hunt
winslet
christie

omissions
pam grier
joan allen
jessica lange
jodie foster
michelle pfeiffer

Louis Morgan said...

This one is quite difficult to predict altogether.

1. Dench
2. Carter
3. Christie
4. Hunt
5. Winslet

Anonymous said...

I'll predict Carter.

Anonymous said...

I've seen Hunt, Dench, and Winslet, and don't find any of them particularly AMAZING, but all solid nonetheless. I'll predict:

1. Carter
2. Dench
3. Hunt
4. Christie
5. Winslet

KAS said...

How do I get in touch with you?