So the nominees were:
- Susan Hayward in I Want to Live!
- Deborah Kerr in Separate Tables
- Shirley MacLaine in Some Came Running
- Rosalind Russell in Auntie Mame
- Elizabeth Taylor in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
Wow, an interesting looking year but I don't have any idea how my ranking will look like. At the time, a whole country wanted Susan Hayward to finally win and her triumph was one of the most applauded ones (if not the one) in history. Many people are still talking about that year with sweet memories, so we'll see if I go with America's pick of the time or somebody else.
What do you think? Who's your pick? What are your predictions?